I have my reasons to love teaching. Keep in mind, I bet every teacher that reads this could add many more reasons but these are some of the reasons that make teaching be great and get inspired.
1. I can Share experiences with my colleagues and my students.
2. I can help inexperienced teachers solve problems
3. My ability to help students achieve their best is my main interest.
4. The thrill of a good and well thought out lesson is outstanding
5. The kids’ energies; their inquisitiveness makes inspires teaching them and pushing them harder
6. Being able to interact with kids who are mostly good and do try to do what’s expected of them makes me alive.
7. I love learning and I love the interaction between professor and students
8. I enjoy all of the funny stories that my job provides, my job is never ever boring
9. When I am finally able to actually teach, I feel very rewarded when that little light bulb goes off.
10. I love the push to keep learning, to keep discovering new questions and to help students discover their own questions
11. I feel smarter every day that I come home from my job; because I help some new things.
I honestly and truly believe that teaching is what I was born to do; maybe God really does plan our lives and if we follow that plan we will be very happy with our lives. I seem to be good at it. I get to explore stories and try new ideas and encourage others to do the same. I love the power of controlling lives – well, at least for an hour or so a day!
Teaching has helped me to overcome my fear of public speaking; I’ve had students tell me that I should be an actor.